Wednesday 8 August 2012

Meet the DT: Ruth Muzeen

Well, we've got just one last amazing DT member to introduce you to before we have to tell about ourselves...UGH! ;)  We've enjoyed getting to know these wonderful ladies so much and hope you have as well!  Without any further ado, let's have Ruth Muzeen tell us about herself!


Hello, my name is Ruth and I'm a stamp-a-holic!  I live in West Sussex with my incredibly patient and supportive hubby Owen and our sweet cat Tingha. 

I have been stamping and card making for about ten years now so you can imagine how much stuff I've acquired in that time!  My obsessive addiction is not entirely helped by having a well stocked craft shop within walking distance of my home!  I find it almost impossible to resist new crafty goodies but I am now operating a 'something enters the craft room = something leaves the craft room' policy to prevent me from becoming overwhelmed and running out of space completely!

My card making is a sort of therapy for me and I really miss getting inky if I haven't stamped in a few days.  I try to do something in my craft room every day although sometimes it is just tidying up after I've made a huge mess!  My favourite images are flowers and butterflies - and snowmen and snowflakes are firm Christmas favourites!  I truly can't imagine life without stamps, punches, dies, ink and paper - and sponge daubers!  

I run a card making group once a month for ten lovely ladies.  My favourite afternoon of the month - you can't beat being in a room with like-minded individuals, inspiring, creating, sharing and having a good laugh!  OK, an afternoon in a room with Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp MAY just beat that LOL!

When not crafting I enjoy reading, doing crosswords, games, going to the cinema and spending time with friends having fun.  Oh, and spending far too much time on the computer!

Every year since starting to make my own Christmas cards I've said that I'm going to start making them earlier rather than having the desperate rush in November and December.  Yep, every year I've said it and every year I haven't done it - until 2012.  A friend introduced me to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge blog early in the year and I resolved to become a regular participant.  To be honest, based on my failure in the past, I did worry that my enthusiasm might wane!  I found I so enjoyed taking part in the interesting challenges each week and loved seeing my Christmas card box fill up, it was easy to carry on.

I was chuffed to bits to be invited to be a DT member.  It was such a boost to my confidence - I'm afraid I am my own worst critic.  I'm absolutely loving it - the ladies are all so great and so inspiring!  I am looking forward to making and sharing many more Christmas projects.  I really hope you enjoy seeing them - and maybe even getting inspiration from them - if that is the case I'll be a very happy crafter indeed!

Ruth

Thanks for sharing about yourself, Ruth!  We are so glad to have you here in our 52CCT family! If you want to know all about the founders of this site, Jacqueline & Mynnette, then stay tuned for next week...DUN DUN DUN!!!!! Merry stamping, friends!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment